Friday, April 29, 2011

Viewing the Royal Wedding

 The Royal Wedding has come and gone.  I got up at a quarter to 4 and got dressed in my big hat and long dress.  I had printed out the program the day before.
 I wasn't sleepy at all, I was so excited to see the crowds, the hats, the cars, many of them rather exotic.  We settled on Katie Couric, with Harry Smith back in the states for the weather disaster in the South.  Bill dressed up and put on his new cashmere sweater to look very British.
 Here I am putting clotted cream on my home-made crumpet.  I will admit to eating several crumpets, they turned out to be quite good.  The clotted cream is really a "mock clotted cream" recipe off the internet, but it was very delicious with home canned strawberry jam.
 Here are the scones with rosewater flavored icing and candied violets under the cake dome.  They were just right, not too sweet.
Teapots and coffeepots are lined up on the counter in the kitchen.  It was all set up the night before so all I had to do was push some buttons.  Later I scrambled some eggs and baked some thick-cut bacon from the butcher's and we ate breakfast just as the ceremony was beginning, on tv trays in the living room.
After breakfast, when the ceremony was over, I began to feel sleepy.  In fact, after our first lone visitor had left to begin the duties of her day, I might have dozed off a bit.  Later another visitor came and I found I needed another scone and a cup of real coffee to wake up
     All in all it was just as fun as I had expected and hoped it would be.  It was a very sentimental moment and Bill and I held hands, sitting on the love seat.  Our best wishes to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!

1 comment:

  1. The night before the Royal Wedding, Eliyah and I were reading Harry Potter, and guess what the kids ate. Yes! crumpets! Eliyah was so excited, having helped you make crumpets that very day. I love those English! Everything sounds better with English accent, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete