Thursday, April 28, 2011

Getting ready for the Royal Wedding

 I have been baking all day in preparation for the Wedding tomorrow morning,  I have had several people RSVP that they are coming.  Maybe in their pajamas!  Here are the bagels, simmering in sugar water before being baked
 They are drained on a towel before being put on the baking sheet.
 And here they are.  The very toasted black things are dehydrated onions, I didn't know they would burn.
 Here is the bread sponge.  Eliyah mixed it up yesterday and took the photo.
 He also put the Pinto beans to soak,  now that they are cooked, we'll put them up in sandwich bags to freeze for later.
 He took these photos too.
 This afternoon we made the Crumpets, using canning rings for the support.
Here is  the menu:

  Scones with Rosewater flavored icing
  Crumpets with Strawberry Jam and Clotted cream
   Bagels and toast with butter and Orange Marmelade
   Scrambled eggs for a crowd
   Rashers (Bacon)
   Tea and coffee
 
 I've got my dress and hat ready.  Now if I can just wake up at 3:30 in the morning

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mom, I am sorry to miss the crumpets! Have fun and maybe we can make them sometime in the future? I'll help...

    ReplyDelete