Saturday, October 2, 2010

Getting ready for Christmas in October

     It is impossible to keep it from the dolls!  I have caused a major upheaval in the house.  Dolls are being moved, dressed, unpacked from boxes, and measured.  In a few instances I have actually held gift items up against dolls to see if they match, fit or seem appropriate to the style.  It's no use saying they won't know because they're just dolls, after all.  They obviously do know and it shows on their faces!  They all wear an expression of happy anticipation.  And anticipation, as you know, is the dolls most enjoyed state.


I have had to move in more shelves to hold more dolls.  Then there is the arranging:  Note that Marie Claire's dress is finished.  Miss Rita is entertaining the other dolls with her guitar.


     The guest room bed is laden with a mess of possible doll Christmas presents.


Preparatory to working on Christmas cards my husband lays out all his tools  on a dining room table still decorated with fall motifs.





Here are the finished cards.  Below are the tiny boxes I have been folding.  They come out of an old Dover publication.



 We ended up making about 55 cards.  I am not sure exactly how many dolls we have.  Current estimate is 37 but new ones keep coming to light.  Some of the dolls put away in boxes are slated to go elsewhere as I can no longer countenance keeping them shut up in boxes.  They all need happy homes.
     I am working on place cards, to be placed in front of each doll so we can keep track of who is who.  Presents are coming in from outside, for instance, my daughter is making some doll jewelry, and maybe an apron or two.  I want to fabricate some gift bags for large or bulky items which won't fit in the small boxes.  Tissue paper will be cut down to fit in the bags.  It becomes apparent that some of my friends wish to be present at the doll's Christmas so I think it will be a party!

No comments:

Post a Comment