Sunday, August 19, 2012

Art Show

     I've been to the Waldron Art Gallery twice this month.  I went to see a 40 year retrospective show of the employees and former owner of Pygmalion's Art Store.  The store always advertised itself as the Art store owned, run and staffed by artists.  My Daughter worked there for years.  So two of her pieces are in the show.  It was a lovely show but I hadn't taken my camera and the place was really too packed to make picture taking feasible.  So Eliyah and I went after school.  However, my photography leaves a lot to be desired!

"Tree" by Jude Heichelbech


Artist - Jude Heichelbech
 

 This wet-sculpted cement dog was the work of Tom Zeta, I just love the look this dog gives you!












All in all, a very successful show!

     I have put my sewing in the downstairs closet.  I confess the picture makes it look cluttered but I feel very comfortable in there.  My projects are lined up in hanging shelves on the right.

     I have cut out a pink dress to sew.  I'd like to finish it this week.  I have a pink and white shawl I want to wear with it.  It's a very simple pattern with only three pieces.
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the tree! I'm glad you got pics of it! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sewing closet! Gives me "itchy fingers" to work on some project!
    Your blog makes me think of one of my very favorite slogans - "Live simply so that others may simply live."

    ReplyDelete