Sunday, February 13, 2011

Found objects, collecting

      
Elegant Chip and dip set with two Margarita glasses
      I am always bragging about how I got something cheap or free, so today I want to show you some things that really were free.  Either we found them on the street, in a dumpster or at the little shed at our solid waste facility that is called "the exchange".  Some of them cost money fixing but they were worth it.  I don't think I will try doing a post on things I get cheap, I would have to take pictures of my entire wardrobe for starters!
Nifty Red Riding Hood basket

This painting has been cleaned and in-painted and has a gilt frame.  The artist is Stry.

I had planned to spray paint some twigs but didn't even have to buy the paint.  I used these for a Christmas decoration.

This pan was almost new but had been burned, which took me about half an hour to scrub off. It's a "Whirley Pop".   Now we have Popcorn every night and are fair to being addicted to it!

Most of these plants came from friends and from Florida.

I picked up these Burr Oak acorns under the tree.

I thought this a wonderfully colorful plate.

One of these 9 pressed glasses was badly chipped. so they threw away the whole set?  My husband filed away the chip.                







This lamp was set out on the street, but the shade is new and  not cheap!

Just some of countless frames in various stages of being painted.

A wonderful parlor painting.

This painting came out of a dumpster, was folded in quarters.  Title:  Charlie Two-bears, by (Charles) Bruce Mulholland.  It did require extensive repair and then was framed.
     If there is a moral to this post, it might be, pay attention.  I am always looking around me and in fact have found  money in the street at times.  Of course, I also pick up sticks, stones, bird feathers, acorns and colorful leaves.  I guess I could be said to have eclectic tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment