Sunday, May 27, 2012

A tea to celebrate a marriage!

     My youngest daughter has quietly gotten married.  Nothing wrong with that.   I knew about it, but still I missed seeing and experiencing  a ceremonyIt's a Mother thing, of course!  But I was delighted to have them over for tea and presents later.  We had Lemon and garlic cream cheese and sliced chicken sandwiches (on Sour Dough bread for them and Rosemary crackers for me) and fresh fruits, strawberries, raspberries, pear and nectarine.  Irish Breakfast tea and  Earl Grey tea to drink.  We wish them well.
                                                                                                            

We lit the lamps though it was still daylight.                                             
      We used the "Dali Llama's teapot".





     The bride brought her Mother a gift of Lavender blossoms tied with a green ribbon.  Not to mention the bread and fruits.
 

     The happy couple received a gift of a Waterford Chrystal bud vase, among other things.   We lingered over tea almost until evening.  I teared up once but I did not cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment